Thursday, June 10, 2010

TORNADO CLEAN-UP






I don't think anything could have prepared me for what I saw Tuesday morning. I made my way out to Clay Center just north of Genoa, Ohio to get photos of residents cleaning up following a string of storms that brought tornadoes along with it. I heard people refer to it as "unreal", and "like being in a war zone". I think the most amazing story was from the man who tried to get his 100+ pound 13-year-old dog down in to the basement. He could only get the dog to the landing about 5 steps down and had no choice but to leave the dog and seek shelter for himself. He emerged from his basement to find his house completely destroyed but his dog was still sitting, untouched, where he had left it on the landing leading to the basement. It'll be a long time before I forget what I saw Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment