Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mohawk Trail Creatures



Shortly before graduating school, I was traveling along the Mohawk Trail in Western Massachusetts when a lady ran down the street flagging me down. I didn't know what was happening so I pulled over. Just as I did two mules came over the top of a hill running down the Mohawk Trail. I was able to catch a photo of the lady blocking traffic in the westbound lane and State Police blocking the eastbound lane as one of the mules cut between them. That was the first photo I ever had published back in 2001. I finally made it back to visit the area and to my surprise I found more creatures strolling down the road. I came around one of the many curves in the Mohawk Trail to find three cows casually strolling down the middle of the street. I was disappointed I couldn't make it to Brattleboro in time for the Strolling of the Heifers celebration and it turns out I was treated to my on personal "strolling of the Heifers".

No comments:

Post a Comment