Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Church at Dusk


I was walking in to church on Christmas eve and something about the candles they lit and hung in the tree really stuck out to me. I asked the girls who came up with the neat idea if they could leave the candles because I had a good idea for a photo. A couple days later I was headed to the grocery store when I noticed the sun was setting nicely and it would be the perfect light for my photo idea. I raced to the church and frantically lit all the candles trying to hurry before it got too dark (I really should have gotten to the church sooner so I wouldn't have been so rushed). I shot several frames but thought I could get a better angle if I got lower. The light had faded enough that I could no longer handhold the camera but I did not have my tripod. Using a Toledo Walleye cup I still had in my car I laid across the driveway of the church and used the Walleye cup to support the camera capturing a unique angle of the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment